Friday, March 24, 2006

Snowboarding

I think I already have a post titled as "Snowboarding," but I don't really care. This is a different time, different experience.

As far as my knowledge of snowboarding goes, I think I'm doing pretty well. I actually went off jumps yesterday and today. Today Lauren and I went to a double green trail, which is advanced beginner. The first time I went, I had trouble at the beginning; the snow was more like ice, and I could not carve very easily at all. I fell twice at that point. When I got going, I didn't do too badly. That was until my right calf started hurting because I was pushing so hard on my toe edge. I fell once when it started to really kill me. I was still hurting, but I made it the rest of the way down. I stuck with the "bunny slope" for a while after that. Lauren told me about another double green that wasn't as bad as the first we went down. I decided I would try that.

It wasn't as bad, but I think I got kind of lazy or something. I took two REALLY hard falls. My beanie fell off both times. The first one was face first and knocked the breath out of me. The second put me straight on my back. Now my lower back on the left side is absolutely killing me. Ugh.

So, after that, I was really tired. I decided to quit for the day - for the trip, actually. I had a lot of fun, and I think I got better. I'm really proud of teaching Kellen; he got pretty good near the end.

I'm ready to get home. This has definitely been a good spring break; I'm really glad I got to spend it with the family. Back to school in a couple of days!

P.S. One week until surgery!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Double green trails! I wished I woulda tried a blue or two before we left. I was too busy dodging the ski schools and 50 year old women leisurely on their way down! I had so much fun with you guys, and I was way proud of you both!

    ReplyDelete