Wednesday, March 08, 2006

It's Set

March 31: I am having a fasciotomy (I think I spelled that right) in order to fix my compartment syndrome. I'm not nervous about the surgery; I'm actually glad to finally have a real solution to the problem. My choices were either get the surgery or quit playing soccer. The latter is basically out of the question. I'll be out of commission for three to six weeks, with the possibility of more than six. It just depends on how quickly I recover.

So, that's about it. Of course, I will have to post after the surgery. I've never had surgery done before; I had stitches one time, but that doesn't really count. A new experience! Haha. I really feel good about everything, so nobody needs to worry (hint hint). I am only concerned about the possibility of having to do the fitness test next week...

1 comment:

  1. Yes, Daron, I get the hint...

    But, I still worry. And pray. One should eliminate the other, I know. However, I love you, and I am glad you are not scared. I know I would be, because I couldn't even handle having my teeth "pulled." Good for you! So, I love you! Be safe. Take care of my Daron! No worries, my love!

    ReplyDelete