Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Random Ramblings

I made the junior varsity team! Not unexpected after my knee has kept me from practicing since last Wednesday. Apparently my body just cannot handle pre-season stress. Something ALWAYS goes wrong. I wanted to make varsity, but I knew JV was inevitable with my lack of playing.

As for my knee, I finally went to the doctor yesterday to find out what was going on. I had an appointment at Bone and Joint for Wednesday, but I couldn't handle it anymore. As a result, I went back home to our family doctor, where I was told it was tendonitis and possibly bursitis. Basically overuse. As always. Stupid knees... Anyway, I was beyond relieved to have a diagnosis and, more importantly, a treatment. Cortisone shot and prednisone prescription, and I am good to go! It's gotten better just since yesterday, which rocks!! I could actually jog a little today, which is a major improvement from the day before. This is one of those times impatience paid off. Haha. Not that I am condoning impatience; nevertheless, I would have been a grouch until Wednesday had I had to wait. Furthermore, I gained two days by going two days earlier. I could be practicing by Thursday! :D

I bought my tickets for Ireland today!!! Oh, it's going to be amazing. I am so stoked. Buying the tickets just made it gloriously real. Now I cannot wait for January...

I'm kind of ready for classes to start. I'll have all psych classes - with the exception of one sociology class - which means I'll actually like what I'm taking. Although Applied Research is going to be difficult and possibly mind-twisting, I think it will be somewhat interesting in the least. I gotta get to looking at books online; saving money pretty much rocks.

My room is a wreck because I've been practically going full-tilt for about three weeks now. I need hangers, because I have more clothes than hangers which might become an issue. Is an issue, actually.

Jen and I are continuing our Harry Potter movie spree tonight, which has been on hiatus since, well, about three weeks ago. We are finally both here and not busy at the same time - what are the chances?

I want to buy DVDs. It's a major weakness. But I'm broke. As always since this summer. And boo this past summer, by the way, because I made NO money and basically lost money. I would almost say it wasn't worth it...well, it seems that it really wasn't. But hey, it's over, and there's nothing to be done about it now. I actually have this desire to go back to work, but it's just because I want money and not me being realistic. I would possibly have some time to get hours in, but I don't want to become the stressed out wreck I was at the end of last semester when I worked every day I wasn't playing soccer. Ain't happening.

We have a JV game in a week, and I'm hoping I'll be fit to play. I'm thinking that if I can't play full-out in the field, I may ask if I need to play keeper, since we don't technically have one. :( Another issue we have to work out before next week - who's going to play keeper? Might be a problem...

So I wrote way more than I expected, but that pretty much always happens. Nothing unusual for me!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:36 PM

    I'm so glad your knee is feeling better and hope you can practice Thursday. Oh yea, you do Not need any more DVDs, remember you are poor and we are too with two in college now. lol
    ttyl (how do you like that text talk)
    Love you,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Someone tell Lecia we don't use text talk in blogs... ;o)

    ReplyDelete