Wednesday, February 14, 2007

A Valentine's Day Blog

I love intramural basketball. I suck, but I still have fun. When people take it really seriously, I hate it; some people get SO mad. Why? It's a GAME. It's NOT a big deal. Anyway, my team had our first game last night. We're in the lower division, which is where I belong. It was a good game. I'm pretty sure I didn't score a point, but I don't care. I'm an absolutely horrible shot; my specialty is being aggressive and diving on the floor for the ball. I'll do that all day. I love it. We have three teams of girls from the soccer team: one in the upper division and two in the lower. So far our record is 3-0 overall; the other lower division team has won both of their games, and the upper division team has their first game tonight. They should do well. We may just have a dynasty on our hands here...

This week has been pretty good. It's definitely been better than the first week and a half of school. I contribute it all to going home over the weekend. I needed a break from school, and home was just great. I got to sleep in, saw two of my best friends, hung out with the family, and got to really talk with Mom. I was pretty sleep-deprived when I got home, but I caught up quite well. Although now it's pretty much null. I slept better Sunday and Monday night, but it was too hot in the room last night. I didn't go to sleep until 2:30! I hate when that happens. Maybe I'll catch up on my sleep again some time.

Mom, Dad, and Kellen came to the intramural game last night, and we went to eat before the game. Mom brought me my Valentine's Day gift, which consisted of CANDY: Reese's, Mini M&Ms, and Sweetart Hearts. And a $25 gift card to Walmart, which is always great. Two of my roommates also got me some candy, so I am loaded down now. And the temptation is going to bring me down! I am so weak. Who can resist the stuff? I definitely can't. I don't even try most of the time. Lol.

Spring soccer training has started. I like the spring, because we get to work on foot skills and stuff - things I need to work on. We do weight training all semester, too, so I like that as well. Amberly and I are going to try and complete the "10, 000 Rep Challenge" at the Wellness Center. Basically you have to get 10, 000 reps by June 1, and you get a prize. We should have started last week (when we actually started weightlifting), but we didn't think about it then. Hopefully we'll make it!

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment