Saturday, November 19, 2005

Another fun night this week: Last night I went to see HARRY POTTER in Memphis on IMAX! How awesome is that? The movie started at 10:25, and Amy, Brittany, and I left Jackson a little after eight. When we got there, there was a line to get into the movie. They weren't letting people in yet; I guess they were cleaning up from the last show. We got really good seats. Emily and Cody came in later. We had to wave at them for practically a full minute before they saw us. Haha. Anyway, the movie was amazing. I cried at the end (with good reason, no matter what Brittany says... ;P ). They did an awesome job with casting once again. Voldemort was so creepy; it was perfect. I kept getting chills! After the movie, we drove back to Union. Unfortunately, I had to use one of my "passes" since we came back so late. Our curfew is two o'clock, and we came in around four. Amy had already used one of hers; we were going to hide her in the back. However, they only asked for my ID. She was asleep anyway.

Looking at my last post, I remembered that I came close to being that tired last semester when I was still in high school. I had a research paper due on Monday. What do you think I did? Waited until the Sunday before, of course! I think I skipped church that night, and I still didn't finish it until around three in the morning. Besides that, I had to get up at FIVE that morning. Our high school has a Great Pretenders show every year; it's a fundraiser for Project Graduation where the seniors and/or their parents perform or lip-sync songs...that's the very basic idea. Well, my mom was in charge of that. I don't know whose idea it was, but someone got the local news station to do a kind of promo the Monday of the week of Great Pretenders. We have a Good Morning West Tennessee every morning at six; I was the lucky person that got to get on the show and try to advertise our show. That meant a five o'clock wake-up call -- maybe it was actually four thirty. Either way, you get the picture. So I'm sitting on the couch in front of the cameras with news guy and the man that ran our show. I have had practically no sleep, and the news guy asks me what some of the different acts are. Oh man. I couldn't even remember my own act at that moment, much less anyone else's! I looked up at the five thousand watt lights on the ceiling and say, "Uh.....Spice Girls?" Lol. I looked so retarded. I was dead tired that day in school. I slept through a lot of my classes.

The moral of my story is: Sleep is good. So is staying up all night just because you want to. I don't regret staying up all night Monday night; it was fun. There's nothing to say I won't do it again. I won't this semester, don't worry. I may not next semester either. I have an essay that I'm supposed to be doing right now. It's not due until Tuesday, and it's just a rough draft. However, I want to get it done and over with so that I don't have to worry about it anymore. I'll try to get to that.

P.S. One more month left until I go to the doctor's to get cleared!!

No comments:

Post a Comment