Wednesday, August 02, 2006

One Week

Exactly one week until we move in for preseason!!! I'm excited. I'm excited to get into playing soccer, meeting all the new girls (and there are a lot), and going on our team trip. I am ready! Well, maybe not for the fitness tests, but I know it's not for trying the last week or so. I've been alternating running three miles and running the ten sprints and jogging back. I guess I'll just have to see if it worked when we do it. We're actually doing the sprint test the day we move in at around eight. Then I think we are running our mile and a half Saturday evening we get back from our trip. I kind of like the idea, because we can get it done with. It's also a little harder if you have a couple of days where you don't run, then you have to go and do both your fitness tests in the same day; that's what we did last year. Moved in on Thursday, left Friday for our trip, got back Sunday, did our mile and a half Monday morning, practiced Monday evening, then ran our sprints like in the middle of practice. Now that I think about it, not really a great plan. Anyway, we're doing it completely different this year, and I'm not complaining.

I was pretty ticked at the possibility of being in Breakfast Club, but now I'm okay with it. I may not be so much when I actually have to do the running, though. Haha. Who wouldn't? However, I mainly see it as an opportunity to get in great shape for the season. I just pray it won't last past the first week; of course, that depends on how Brandon thinks we do, how hard he thinks we are working (running). Last year I was so ticked when I didn't make my mile and a half because I made it in the summer. This year, I knew I had ground to make up, and I have tried and am trying to make it up. If I don't make it, I'll know I tried. The last two weeks, anyway. Regardless, I believe I'll take it better this time. I guess we'll just have to see...

No comments:

Post a Comment