Sunday, August 20, 2006

Reserve Team Optimism

As of Friday night, I am a member of the Union University Women's Soccer reserve team. I wasn't surprised, because I knew my knee had hurt my chances. It doesn't really bother me, but my reaction time is off because I don't trust it yet. Another reason Coach B gave me was that my positioning was off in my position. He put me at defensive back (which is glorious), but all last year he put me at outside midfielder. Therefore, I am used to that position. Despite those things (and some conditioning), Coach said I should be able to move up in a week or two. Our assistant coach, Isaac, told me that I could tackle better than most of the girls on the team; you can imagine how good that made me feel. He said we could work on it even more, because there were a few times where I could have tackled but didn't. I'm excited about that. A few of the girls were waiting outside as I was talking to Coach; they said that they had expected a flood from me if I made reserve. I'm not surprised that they expected that. However, I was mentally prepared for it and knew I could work my way up to varsity. I'm going to work my butt off.

No comments:

Post a Comment