Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Running

Blasted fitness tests. Why did I even begin to think that I was ready for them? Well, I knew I wasn't ready for the mile and a half, but I thought I had the sprints! It was the jogging back part that got me. I ended up making them only after I resorted to the old method: Sprint, rest for a minute, sprint back, and so on. Yeah, I know it; I am a wimp. I'm also an idiot for waiting THIS LONG to realize that I need to step it up in the fitness department. I should have been working harder all summer long instead of waiting until now when I'm pretty much messed. It's not like I've really been slacking off; it's that I could have been working so much harder than I have been. I could have been running more than just our workout. I should have been. However, one my greatest faults is a serious lack of self-discipline. Therefore, I just didn't. I told myself I would NOT be in Breakfast Club, I WOULD get back and beyond where I was at the end of last summer. Did I do either of those? Well, one I certainly did not, and the other is looking pretty certain. I can't blame anyone but myself, and I am thoroughly ticked about it. At myself, of course.

On another note, I have taken two trips to Jackson the last two weeks to hang out with Cheslie and play some soccer. I was going to take another this week, but I was asked to fill in at a lawyer's office in H-don for the whole week. Ches informed me that I HAVE to come next week; I didn't argue. I have so much fun hanging out there at Bredow's house with the girls (and the guys that drop by). Last week my brother went with me, because our parents were gone on a short trip. That was hilarious (construction barrels!!!). Good memories. Maybe I'll be "stealth" and show up without announcing it. Haha. Ches probably wouldn't care.

When I was in high school, I didn't participate in any pranks or anything. My friends just didn't really do those kinds of things, and I just didn't have a lot of interest in them. College, however, has been a little different. It's not like I've been a complete juvenile delinquent (I'm not really a juvenile anymore, am I?), but I have been a participant in a couple of random acts of stupidity. Haha. Man, it is fun. Don't worry, I won't go crazy with it or anything; it's just funny. It makes it even funnier when these things happen that I'm thinking, " I can't BELIEVE I'm doing this!!!" Let me just tell you, businesses don't seem to trust people anymore...bolting signs to their brick and all that. HAHA! What makes them do that? Oh, I guess it must be because of people like us that try to steal the sign! Hm...interesting thought...

1 comment:

  1. Yay! My sister's a thug! You make me so proud. The funny thing is...I'm serious!

    ReplyDelete