Tuesday, May 30, 2006

So the Summer Begins

It always happens. I expect to be SO BORED all summer, cause there's nothing I really have planned. WRONG. Last week I had something to do every day. Lifeguarding hadn't even started yet. Sunday I hung out with Kyle, one of my friends from H-don. Monday I went to the H-don graduation; I might have done something earlier that day. Tuesday...I can't remember. Haha. I know I did something! Wednesday I sold corndogs for Relay For Life. Thursday, it seems like Mom and I did something. (Yeah, this reminescing thing is going real smooth.) Friday I had a big date with Richard in Dickson. Saturday Mom and I took a trip to Jackson and got in a little shopping.

This Sunday was my first day back at lifeguarding. The pool opened Saturday. I also worked a party this morning for about an hour and a half. I'm working tomorrow and Thursday. I seem to have very little aptitude for remembering stuff about my various jobs; I always had problems when I worked for Dad. When I was working Sunday, Ms. Lucy (woman who owns the pool) had to yell at me to tell a kid not to hang on the diving board. I saw him doing it, but it didn't register that he needed to stop. Haha. Oh, well. I'll be just fine.

I started my soccer workout last week, although this week was the official time to start. After being for surgery, I knew I needed to go ahead and jump in. I'm so glad I did. I'm still going to be hurting when the real running starts in a couple of weeks. I'm going to go kind of easy on the weightlifting this summer, especially on my legs. I'll start out easy, anyway. Dad told someone I probably wouldn't be squatting 140, 160, and 180 like I was last summer, but I believe differently. We'll see. I am majorly dreading getting into the running workouts. Ugh. I have a feeling another nasty episode will come up...


No comments:

Post a Comment