Thursday, May 06, 2010

One Hundred Days

Today is one hundred days from the wedding!  Woot woot!!  I'm excited.  Of course, I started thinking of all the things I still have to do as far as planning goes...but it will get done!  And anyway, if everything goes wrong in the wedding, as long as we both say our vows and the preacher announces us married, that's fine with me!  I mean, in the long run - I'll have to admit I'll be upset if everything else with the wedding goes wrong.  But later it could make for some really good stories.  I've also heard that you're not officially married until something goes horribly wrong.  Haha.  Funny, but a little nerve-inducing.  I would prefer for nothing to be set on fire and/or have someone have a seizure or something - the fainting thing is no biggie, unless it's me or Ryan. 

Despite being a tomboy, I am in many ways a typical female.  I have always wanted to get married.  However, I never really had a particular vision for my wedding.  I always knew I wanted it to be unique, different, and representative of me and the groom (whoever he would be).  I honestly looked forward more to the actual marriage part, rather than focusing on the wedding.  That is not to say that I haven't gotten caught up in the glamor of it all; I am (perhaps somewhat selfishly but generically) excited about having my own big day.  Even when eloping was brought up (as I firmly believe is done at least once with every engaged couple), the thought of not wearing the wedding dress I'd already picked out made me sad.  When that happened, I thought, "Who is this woman who suddenly wants to wear a big dress and get made up?!"  If you know me at all, you will know that that is against my normal stance on clothing and general presentation. 

Nevertheless, I am so very excited.  I am marrying a man I love and who loves me and is so very good at showing it.  God brought us together, and I know He will keep us that way - even if Ryan leaves his clothes on the floor and I only cook every two weeks and clean every six. 

No comments:

Post a Comment