Sunday, October 26, 2008

The End of Something Important

Friday was the last game of my college soccer career. And it was awesome. Haha.

It really was, though. It was the best possible game I could have ended on. We played a difficult team that had beat us earlier this season, and we came out on top. We all played hard. I almost scored!! Gah... My left-footed shot hit the crossbar; just a few inches lower and it would have been a goal. I still have a ball print on the inside of my knee, which is pretty crazy. I believe that may have been the hardest I've ever played. Well, one of the times I've played that hard. Technically that's not a good thing; it means I haven't been playing to the fullest of my ability all the time. I know in reality that no one does, but you understand what I'm saying. I don't think it's that, though. It was just one of those tough games. And it was my last. I had to go out in the best way possible.

At one point I considered making a list of things I've learned from college soccer. Maybe I will. Right now I don't have the desire to get into thinking that much. There are plenty of other things on my mind, like schoolwork and grad school applications - things I should have more time to work on now that I don't have soccer to worry about.

I think the weirdest thing will be next semester, when soccer won't exist for me. I believe that will be when I just won't know what to do with myself.

Btw...

I LOVE MY SOCCER GIRLS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment