Thursday, June 23, 2011

I'm a Slacker

Obviously, I've been a little busy. And a little lazy. And quite forgetful. I just haven't thought about blogging in a while. Because of school, summer, getting a small job, being married, and getting ready to move...yeah, not a lot of time to even think about blogging.

As for what's going on at the moment, my husband and I (by the way, still getting used to calling him that, but loving it) are planning a move to downtown Memphis. The primary reason is that my husband is starting law school this fall, and staying where we are would mean a forty minute drive every weekday. Can you say "Save money?" We were both a little nervous about living downtown, since it's quite different than anywhere else either of us has ever lived. Much more metropolitan than Akron, Ohio, or Huntingdon, Tennessee, for sure. However, we've been getting more and more excited about it and even wish we could just move there now. We love good restaurants, and while Cordova has a few, there are a lot of chains around. We prefer the smaller, locally owned places. Downtown is full of them. Chains are few and far between in the area (if only there was a Chik-fil-A...). Also, living on South Main Street means being able to walk to the majority of the places we want to frequent. Score!

Of course, Ryan starting law school means he probably won't have a ton of time to be walking all over downtown Memphis with me. I'm a little concerned with how busy we're both going to be come this fall and falling over into the spring. I'm going into my second year of my Master's program, so I'll have plenty on my plate, plus some part time work. Nevertheless, I believe we can get through just fine. I just have a feeling it won't be easy - actually, I essentially know that. Still - we'll be fine. :)

It's late - something I would not have said three years ago while still an undergrad - and I don't have much else to say at the moment. I can think of a few things, but I'll have to make note of them and write about them later. I'm considering changing my blog name, although the "random" part will still greatly apply. I want to write about more types of things, such as movies and music. And maybe even political stuff, although I'm afraid I would be an ignorant blogger in that subject. After I went to Girls State back in high school (give me a "Woot! Woot!" if you have any idea what that is), I had a much bigger interest in politics. I didn't care much before then. It dwindled and I lost track for a while, but my husband brought it back even stronger. Dare I say - I have become...a liberal. GASP! I have never claimed a party, and really I still don't plan on it; however, I cannot deny my leanings. I guess I can just blame my husband for making me stray for my small-town Tennessee roots. ;) Although, truly, not every small town Tennesseean is a conservative. I am aware. I just find it amusing in my own weird way. It's funny how you continuously find out things about yourself - whether they're changes or not.

Well, I said I didn't have much to say, and I rambled for another twenty sentences. Shocker. Typical me. Anyway, goodnight! I'll be back soon - I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment