Friday, June 11, 2010

Utilizing My Options

I'm liking the new design setup, as you may be able to tell from the new look of my blog.  I'm loving the new blue, and I posted a new picture from last January's trip.  I believe this is either Dublin or London.  One or the other. 

Speaking of trips, we just came back from Tacoma and Vancouver.  Vancouver was pretty neat.  We went to Grouse Mountain and did some ziplining.  We missed out on the great views you usually get during that tour because it was so foggy, but it was pretty awesome to see nothing but the line in front of you - making you wonder if you'd be able to see the spring brake you're about to hit.  Thankfully, that always came into view in time.  There was a little bit of hiking thrown in that tour, but we did some serious hiking Saturday on the Rattlesnake Ledge trail.  Gorgeous view once you got to the top; nearly death-to-me hike to get there.  I have been jogging and/or speed walking on and off since soccer has been over, but no sprinting.  As a result, I nearly died.  I was fine for about half of the hike; I was in front and had a pretty quick pace going.  Then...we  took a break.  Which ended up almost breaking me.  I swear I was on a sugar rush before or something, because once we began hiking again, all energy was gone.  I had nothing.  Miracle of miracles, we finally got to the top.  I just laid on the ground and died for a minute.  Then I was fine.  Well, until the next day anyway.  Then I felt it. 

Speaking of dying, I miss soccer.  I've been missing soccer subconsciously for a while...well, ever since I finished up my senior year over a year and half ago.  In the past couple of days, though, it seems to have really hit me.  It could probably be blamed on the World Cup starting up.  I definitely listened to the South Africa-Mexico game online through ESPN.com.  I would have watched it if I thought our internet could handle the constant streaming and if I didn't have actual work to do.  Listening is so...banal.  Fortunately, I did get to see South Africa's goal.  GORGEOUS passing!  Wow.  I was in awe.  And it almost started in their back third - I have to give them major credit.  Perfect passing all around.  For some reason there wasn't video of Mexico's goal.  Anyway, back to me missing soccer...  I would love to play in an adult soccer league when we get to Memphis.  If I have the time, that is.  Jackson has one, I do believe, but I thought my time could be better utilized at this point.  Now I don't have time, for sure.  Work, wedding...nope.  I'm kind of afraid to get back in, though, honestly.  I had so much trouble with injuries all through college, and my knees feel totally jacked.  I don't trust my body to survive.  Haha.  I would LOVE to be in the shape I was when I played, although I'd rather lose weight than gain any.  I'm sure if I don't lift (so many) weights this time around, that'll happen. 

Speaking of losing weight, I am completely jealous of my fiance's ability to lose weight.  Guys do typically lose and gain weight faster than girls, so it's generally unfair.  I do have to be honest and admit that I haven't tried that hard to lose.  I had a plan to start working out a couple of weeks ago, then I wrecked my bike.  I couldn't walk without a limp, so I really didn't want to attempt running.  Monday I got some new shoelaces from Nike (proceeds go to AIDS assistance in Africa) and I plan to put them on my soccer cleats and then put those cleats back to use.  I want to just run around the soccer field at Union, messing around with a ball and maybe doing a few sprints.  I may run the cross-country track as well.

Speaking of running, I have to do that now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment